Search This Blog

Friday 16 September 2011

A LUNATIC (Un matto) - Fabrizio De Andrè


You just try to hold a world in your heart
And you’re unable to express it by words
And the day light splits the square in two
Between a whole village laughing and you, the lonely fool
Night doesn’t leave you alone either
Cause others dream about themselves, you dream about them

Yes, you’d like searching the right words to make them listen to you
A history book is enough to impress people for half an hour
I tried to learn an encyclopedia by heart
And next to “pig”, “Majakovsky” and “shoddy”
People kept reading out until branding me “insane”

And without knowing whom I owned my life
I gave my life back to die in a sanatorium
I’m not enjoying sleeping here on the hill
Nevertheless  I’ve got wits in my mind now
Here at the half-light, I create new words
But I regret the light, the light of sun

My bones are still giving Life something
Still giving her flowered grass
But life is left to the ones who mourn for the insane on the sly here on the hill
to the ones who whisper with their usual irony
Just a pitiable death tore him from madness

No comments:

Post a Comment